Investment Spotlight report 2019
Published: 31 October 2019
This report examines the investment performance of the UK's top 5,000 charities in terms of income and assesses the size of the charity investment market over the past 10 years.
Key findings for the 2017-18 financial year include:
- Investment income has increased by £34 million since 2017, now at £3.218bn
- 3,285 of the top 5,000 charities have fixed asset investments
- Investment assets are worth £116bn, up from £108bn
- The charities with the greatest increase in the value of their investments are Wellcome Trust, Church Commissioners for England and Bridge House Estates
- 262 firms now manage investments for the top 5,000 charities, up by 11 on last year’s total.
- Cazenove Charities remain the firm with the most clients at 282